2/17/18

Signing Off for a Few

Okay, Texas. We're mightily impressed with your grand canyon. Please accept my mea culpa for doubting you. We left the high winds at Caprock Canyon and journeyed into the driving rain here at Palo Duro Canyon. It didn't start raining until last night after dinner, but then it was quite a deluge. There's a lake-sized puddle in front of the RV. Fortunately, the truck isn't parked there. As I'm writing this sentence, I'm not at all sure I'm going to be able to upload any pictures. We have a very weak cell signal here and, of course, no wi-fi. So let's just see, shall we?

Well, my friends...the short answer is no. I'm not even sure I can save what I've written here. And that means I'm going to have to take a few days off from blogging. It's too painful with such a weak signal. We'll catch up in a couple of days. Next stop is Tucumcari, New Mexico, and Mountain Time. We'll be there on Monday, and I'll catch up with you then.

But, hey...happy trails...until we meet again.




8 comments:

dgs said...

Have fun. I'm already looking forward to hearing updates on your amazing adventure when you get wifi, or better cell, access.

gpc said...

And now THAT song is stuck in my head . . .

Kate said...

Have a great visit. Looking forward to seeing your pictures from Palo Duro. Hopefully it quit raining this afternoon.

crazy quilter said...

So glad the Texas Grand Canyon did not disapoint ! Enjoy your time there and the trip to New Mexico..that should be one very pretty drive

piecefulwendy said...

Enjoy the downtime. I'll look forward to hearing from you soon.

LaDawn said...

If you have time and are at all interested in dinosaurs, Tucumcari has a great little museum. With for dino-crazy kids, and many trips West, we've been to lots of museums, and this little one is well worth the price, (free), and 30-40 minutes it takes to see it.
Also, just past the NM/TX border there is a truck stop, (Russel's, I believe), that has a free car museum inside. The food is good, but the car museum is fantastic! After that, you are in for a whole lot of nothing miles!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Palo Duro Canyon is lovely. We have a nephew in Tumcumcari, Haven't been there yet.

Angie in SoCal said...

Safe journey, Barb